Tips To Prevent Clogged Drains
February 23, 2012
A clogged drain can be so frustrating; and, of course, it happens more often than we care to think about! Usually, kitchen sink drains clog because of a build-up of grease. The grease traps food particles, which eventually clogs the drain. Now, the bathroom drains are a different story. They are usually clogged by hair and soap. So, take some simple precautions to avoid this situation.
- Don't pour grease down the kitchen sink.
- Don't wash coffee grounds down the sink.
- Use chemical cleaners only when necessary. Some chemicals can corrode metal pipes.
- Clean tub and shower drain strainers that are removable.
- Clean pop-up stoppers in the bathroom sink and the tub regularly. Lift out sink pop-ups once a week and rinse them off.
- Every few months, remove the overflow plate on a tub and pull up the pop-up assembly to reach the spring or rocker arm. Remove accumulated hair and rinse thoroughly.
- Keep sewer pipes from the house free of tree roots.
These are just a few things that you can do, on your own to prevent any major issues with your home's plumbing system.
If you have a clogged drain in Charlotte or any plumbing issue, give us a call today at 704-771-1020 and schedule your $39 ANYTIME Home Plumbing Inspection.
This entry was posted in Home
. Bookmark the permalink
← What Is A Zone System? Plumbing →