It is officially fall in the Carolinas… well, sort of… we’re still waiting for those temperatures to drop!
But despite the warmer temperatures, the fall season in the Charlotte area is jam-packed with fun activities for you and your family to do every weekend. You can pick a pumpkin or two at one of several patches around the Queen City or you can try to find your way out of a corn maze.
So just sit on down with a cup of hot apple cider, or maybe a cold glass of apple juice since it’s still a little warm outside, and use our guide to help you map out your fall season.
Pick a Pumpkin
What is better than taking a stroll through a patch trying to pick out the perfect pumpkin? It’s the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon with family and friends, plus it provides some great picture opportunities for you to put on Facebook and Instagram.
There are several options in Charlotte and outside the city:
- Hall Family Farm in Charlotte – On top of picking pumpkins, you can also take part in a hayride and there are also fun activities for your children like a duck race and bouncy balls.
- Hodges Family Farm in Charlotte – The Hodges Family Farm has been around since 1908 and is actually listed on the National and State Historic Registries. You will find 10 acres of pumpkins here. You can also take a look around at the animals on the farm.
- Carrigan Farms in Mooresville – Take a hayride out to the pumpkin patch where tens of thousands of pumpkins are grown every year. There is also a farmer’s market where you can get fresh apples, corn, honey and more!
- Bush-N-Vine Farm in York, SC – There is a lot of fall fun going on at this farm. You’ll take a hayride out to the pumpkin patch to pick out the one that’s just right for you. There are also food trucks on site at the farm and bounce houses for the kids.
Get Lost in a (Corn) Maze
This is definitely where teamwork will make the dream work in order to get out of some of these mazes. You will enjoy a harvest of laughs with your family and friends as you work your way out.
- The Amazing Maize Maze at Rural Hill – This is one of the largest corn mazes in the Southeast. Its’ seven-acre corn maze features over two miles of interconnecting paths.
- “Get Lost” Corn Maze in Albemarle – Well the name really says it all! The owner of the corn maze crafted over four miles of paths in ten acres of corn. Put your skills to the test to see if you can get out of this one.
- Regal Corn Maze in Statesville – The family who owns the corn maze encourages you to get lost and have fun. On top of the corn maze, the farm offers a variety of other activities including a corn cannon!
Great Pumpkin Fest at Carowinds
Carowinds turns the Charlie Brown classic into a family-friendly Halloween attraction that lasts all the way through October.
You have Linus’ Pumpkin Patch and Bale Maze, Charlie Brown’s Tractor Tour and Lucy’s Mummy Pit. It’s the perfect way to spend a Saturday or Sunday in the fall with your little ones.
Another activity you can put on your fall bucket list is apple picking. Many of the farms are more than an hour away, but Windy Hill Orchard and Carrigan Farms are less than an hour away and offer apple picking. But you may want to call ahead before you go to check on the harvest.
Before the temperatures do drop, you will want to book an appointment or call Charlotte Mechanical at 704-771-1020 so we can perform a check-up on your heating system. Our award-winning technicians will service your heater to make sure it is properly working. You don’t want to be stuck in a cold house, plus maintaining your heater and HVAC system will save you money on repairs and replacements down the road.